6/6/19 NOTE: Narrative1 is currently experiencing an issue with mapping functionality. For more information, refer here.
Narrative1 Component: N1-Word
Symptom(s): It's difficult or impossible to see the individual map pins for the comparable properties and/or the subject property.
Typical Cause: The pins are clustered too closely to one another on the map to be seen individually.
Time required to fix: ~5 minutes
Solution: Use a call-out box.
- Open an N1-Excel file and navigate to the Land Grid, Sales Grid, or Lease Grid sheet.
- Click on the blue View Maps button in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
- Click Street Map.
- Change the zoom with the +/- buttons in the lower right-hand corner, or use your mouse wheel to increase/decrease until it's zoomed to the appropriate level.
Note: If there are parcels with the same lat/long, you may need to set the lat/long for one of the parcels to slightly different values so both appear separately.
- Take a screenshot of this using the Windows Snipping Tool. Alternatively, press the Print Screen key (often abbreviated Prtsc or PrtScrn) on your keyboard. This will take a screenshot and automatically save it to your clipboard.
- Open the N1-Word file and navigate to the Comp Map.
- Click the Insert ribbon, then click Shapes. Select a style in the Callouts section.
- Make the shape (you will be able to move it around later to find the best fit) and then double-click inside it so it looks similar to the following example image.
- Press Ctrl + V on your keyboard to paste the image of the zoomed-in map. Alternatively, right-click inside the shape and select the Paste option. To expand the shape box, click in the shape and then click and drag one of the small gray dots around the edge to resize.
- You can use the picture formatting tools in Word if you need to crop the photo.
- Click on the border of the image to resize it as needed.
- Click and drag the small yellow dot at the end of the callout line to move it, if necessary.
If you need additional help, please contact Narrative1 Support at firstname.lastname@example.org or 866-319-7467