Narrative1 Component: N1 Installer
Symptom(s): During the N1 installation process, an error message appears, stating the following. The installation cannot be continued.
Typical Cause: The Microsoft C++ 2010 redistributable package has not been installed.
Time required to fix: ~5 minutes
Solution: Install the Microsoft C++ 2010 redistributable package.
1. Click Abort to close the error message window. Then click Cancel in the N1 Installer.
Click Yes to confirm that you wish to cancel the installation process.
2. Determine whether the version of Microsoft Office installed on your computer is 32 or 64 bit. If you're unsure which version you have, follow the instructions found here.
3. Download the Microsoft C++ 2010 redistributable package that corresponds with your version of Office.
- 32-bit: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5555
- 64-bit: https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/Download/confirmation.aspx?id=14632
4. Find the C++ 2010 redistributable installation file on your computer (typically in the Downloads folder) and double-click to begin the installation. Alternatively, click on the installation file in your browser's download bar.
5. Proceed through the C++ 2010 redistributable installation process.
6. Once the C++ installation process is complete, re-run the Narrative1 installer; the error should no longer occur.
If you need additional help, please contact Narrative1 Support at email@example.com or 866-319-7467