Narrative1 Component: N1 Excel
Symptom(s): When Prepping Fields and Tables, a pop-up window appears with the following error message: "The N1 Registration Key is not correct. Check the Registration Name, N1 Expiration Date and N1 Registration Key inputs carefully and try again."
Typical Cause: The Database Setup process has not been run.
Time required to fix: ~1 minute
- Open any Narrative1 Excel document.
- Click the File Info sheet listed at the bottom of the workbook.
- Click the blue Database Setup button on the left-hand side of the worksheet. On some older templates, it may be along the top and slightly to the right.
- Your credentials should be displayed in the resulting Database Connection Setup window.
If they are not, enter them (if you do not know your credentials, contact firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Click Apply/Reset and wait a few seconds.
After this, you should be able to access database-related functions and will no longer encounter the "Not registered" error message. If you are prompted to update during the process, click No. The N1 Updater is best run on its own with all Excel and Word files closed.
If you need additional help, please contact Narrative1 Support at email@example.com or 866-319-7467