Narrative1 Component: Narrative1 Dashboard
Symptom(s): When attempting to run Narrative1, an error message states: "Compile error in hidden module."
Typical Cause: Microsoft Office is available in 64 bit and 32 bit versions. There is a separate Narrative1 installer for each. Installing and running the version of Narrative1 that is not compatible with your version of Office will cause the error message listed above. Note: A similar message will appear if you attempt to run Narrative1 and it is not installed.
Time required to fix: ~1 minutes.
Solution: Determine which version of Office you have and then acquire the corresponding Narrative1 installer file from N1 Support.
1. Open Microsoft Word or Excel.
2. Click on the File button in the upper left-hand corner.
3. Click on Help or Account.
Your product name will be listed under the Product Information header. In some cases, the full version number, including the bit version, will also be listed there.
4. If the full version number doesn't appear there, click on the About Word button.
A pop-up window will open and display the full version number and bit version (32 or 64).
5. Once you have that information, contact Narrative1 Support at firstname.lastname@example.org or 866-319-7467. Provide the Support team with your Office bit version (32 or 64) and they will send you the appropriate installer.