LightBox - Report Writer is an application which combines Microsoft Word and Excel with an online database. The following are general guidelines for the system requirements:
- Microsoft .NET 3.5 Framework
- Microsoft Office (2019 or newer) - 32 or 64 bit | Learn how to upgrade, here.
- Microsoft Windows (Windows 10 or Newer) with full account-level administrative privileges
- Access to port 3306 & server host: 188.8.131.52 (n1db1.exactbid.com)
- Access to port 1433 & server host: 184.108.40.206 (n1db2.exactbid.com)
- An active internet connection
- 16 GB of RAM recommended
Report Writer is designed and tested against personal computers. Report Writer is not supported for mac users at this time.
Required file types
- Microsoft Office file types that support VBA/Macros are .xlsm for Excel and .doc for Word.
- .xlsx will remove all macros in the workbook and will not work with the Desktop software
- .docx does not support macros and will not work with the Desktop software
Remote Desktops and File Share Services
- Remote Desktop use is not supported at this time i.e. LogMeIn.
- SharePoint and OneDrive are not supported at this time. Read more on this topic, here.
- Box IS supported. For instructions, refer to Using Box as a Repository for Workfiles.
- Suggested solution for shared work files: https://app.box.com
The web database is best experienced in Chrome or Chromium.
Please contact your IT department or Support if you are unsure of the above information.
|Note: The LightBox Report Writing system is developed against Microsoft Technologies. Therefore, we align to Microsoft's support schedule for Operating Systems and Office versions.|