Narrative1 is an application which combines Microsoft Word and Excel with an online database. The following are general guidelines for the system requirements:
- Microsoft .NET 3.5 Framework
- Microsoft Office (2016 or newer) - 32 or 64 bit
- Microsoft Windows (Windows 10 or Newer) with full account-level administrative privileges
- Access to port 3306 & server host: 22.214.171.124 (n1db1.exactbid.com)
- Access to port 1433 & server host: 126.96.36.199 (n1db2.exactbid.com)
- An active internet connection
Narrative 1 is designed and tested against personal computers. Narrative 1 is not optimized for mac users at this time.
Required file types
- Microsoft Office file types that support VBA/Macros are .xlsm for Excel and .doc for Word.
- .xlsx will remove all macros in the workbook and will not work with the N1 software
- .docx does not support macros and will not work with the N1 software
Remote Desktops and File Share Services
- Remote Desktop use is not supported at this time i.e. LogMeIn.
- SharePoint and OneDrive are not supported at this time.
The web database is best experienced in Chrome or Chromium.
Please contact your IT department or Narrative1 Support if you are unsure of the above information.
|Note: The Narrative1 Report Writing system is developed against Microsoft Technologies. Therefore, we align to Microsoft's support schedule for Operating Systems and Office versions.|