Our Support team is here to help when you have a question or encounter an issue with the Narrative1 platform.
How do I contact Support?
The N1 Support team can be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, phone at 866-319-7467, or by filing a ticket within N1 Guide.
How do I file a Support request?
1. You can create a support request by clicking the Submit a Request button in the upper right-hand corner of our N1 Guide, also known as our customer documentation website.
2. N1-Web also includes convenient buttons for filing a support request.
a. Request Support: Click on the Request Support button located in the navigation bar at the top of every page in N1-Web. Complete the pop-up form to submit your request.
When will I receive a response?
Narrative1 Support is available from 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM ET, Monday – Friday, excluding holidays. We respond to all support requests within 24 hours during our hours of operation.
What can I do to expedite the process?
Providing a thorough description of the problem helps us resolve issues more quickly. Whenever possible, please provide the following information in your support request:
- A detailed account of the issue, including the affected components (e.g., Income & Expense sheet or Jobs Manager)
- Narrative1 version
- Microsoft Office version
- Any specific error message displayed. Screenshots are particularly helpful when requesting via email or request ticket. To take a screenshot, press the Print Screen key (which is often abbreviated) on your keyboard.
Can I track the progress of my support request?
Narrative1 Support uses the customer-support tool Zendesk to resolve issues quickly and efficiently. When we receive an email or voicemail, a support request is automatically created in Zendesk. You can track your requests by creating a free Zendesk account.
- Navigate to narrative1.zendesk.com and click on the Sign In button in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
- Click the Sign Up button in the pop-up window. Please use the email you have used to email Support. After entering your information, you will receive an email that will guide you through the rest of the account-creation process. It will take less than two minutes to complete.
Now that you have a Zendesk account, you can view your requests by signing into narrative1.zendesk.com. Once you’ve signed in, click on your name in the upper right-hand corner of the screen and select My Activities from the dropdown menu. Note: If submitting a request via voicemail, please provide your email address in the message if you want to receive updates via Zendesk.
The My Requests page will open. This page lists all your Support requests. Note the following helpful features:
a. Requests I’m CC’d on: Click to see requests that other Narrative1 users have cc’d you on. You’ll be able to view these requests and any replies from Support.
b. Search Requests: Search for a specific request.
c. Status (filter): Filter the list of requests below by their status or select Any to see all tickets, regardless of status. Any is the default selection.
- Open: It's in our court. Either the Narrative1 Support, Product Management, or Development teams are working on your request.
- Awaiting your reply: The Support team requires additional information to resolve your request and is waiting for your response.
- Solved: Support was able to resolve your issue, or a fix/improvement has been added to the product backlog for review by the Product team. Note that we cannot always provide an ETA for issues requiring code changes. A ticket will also be marked as solved if we’ve been unable to reach you for more than 48 hours when your input is required.
d. Request Id: Id is the unique number for your request, and all related communications will be linked to it using this number. A list of all requests that meet the Status filter condition will be displayed.
To review a request, click on the Subject. That will open all messages related to the request.
In the example below, a member of Support has replied to the original request.
If you belong to an organization with multiple Narrative1 users, we can enable a view that will allow you to see requests from every member of your team. Users will only be able to reply to requests they have submitted.
To enable this for your organization, please contact Narrative1 Support.
How do I update existing requests?
When you submit a request via email or Zendesk, you will receive email updates, including confirmation that your request was received and replies from the Support team.
- You can reply directly to these emails (which come from support+ticketId@narrative1.zendesk.com) to communicate with the Support team about the specific request in question.
- You can also update requests within N1 Guide. Only unsolved (status of Open or Awaiting your reply) requests that you have submitted or been cc'd on can be updated with additional comments. If you have Organization view and are able to see all tickets for your organization, you will be able to add comments only to the tickets you filed or the ones you were cc'd on.
To add comments to a request, click the Add to conversation field at the bottom of the request.
Enter your comment and then click Submit.
Are there any other resources I should be aware of?
Yes! Narrative1.zendesk.com includes text documentation, videos, release notes, and other resources to help you navigate the Narrative1 platform. Our Getting Started section is particularly useful for new N1 users.
We look forward to helping you get the most out of your Narrative1 experience.