Narrative1 Component: N1 Excel
Symptom(s): A "hidden module" error is displayed when opening Excel and/or the N1 Ribbon does not appear.
Typical Cause: Missing or deactivated N1 add-ins
Time required to fix: ~5 minutes
Solution: Reactivate and/or reinstall N1 add-ins
To assess/fix problems with the N1 Excel add-ins:
- Open the File menu in Excel, and click Options. Click "Add-ins" in the list on the left.
- In the "Manage" dropdown menu on the right, select "Excel Add-ins", and click Go.
- You should see a set of three N1 add-ins: N1Ribbon, Narrative1 Appraisal Engine, and Narrative1 Database. If any are there but unchecked, click the check mark beside them.
- If any of these three are missing, they are easy to re-add. Click Browse and navigate to your Narrative1 program files directory. By default this is:
- C:\Program Files(x86)\Narrative1
- On a 32-bit machine it may be in C:\Program Files\Narrative1
- Re-add the missing files, which are N1Ribbon.xlam, N1Engine.xla, and N1DB.xla. Just open the file in the file browser to add it. Even if they appear to be present, re-add them to make sure the file paths are correct.
- If any of these files aren't present in the Narrative1 folder, run the N1 Updater to re-add them, then complete steps 1 - 5 again.
If you continue to encounter the same issue, please contact Narrative1 Support at firstname.lastname@example.org or 866-319-7467