The N1 Updater downloads and applies updates to the Narrative1 platform. It is installed automatically during the initial Narrative1 setup process.
The current N1 Updater for your version may be downloaded with this link: N1 45.66 Updater
After you download it, you'll want to rename the file to N1_updater and place it in C:\Program Files (x86)\Narrative1. It should prompt you to overwrite the older file. Click yes/OK to confirm.
This updates the N1 template files with new, improved versions. We recommend you run the N1 Updater occasionally, as it provides important benefits:
- Eliminates bugs and ensures the N1 platform continues to work with supported versions of MS Office.
The N1 Updater will NOT:
- Delete or otherwise modify your Projects or their contents, including report documents and worksheets, EXCEPT those in the Default Templates\General Use folder.
- Modify any templates you've created in the My Templates section of the N1 Dashboard.
- Modify the N1-Web interface; N1-Web updates are applied by the Narrative1 team in a separate, automated process.
Note: When an update includes changes to the default templates, those new templates will be found in the Default Templates\General Use folder.
Because the contents of this folder are often overwritten by updates, it's important that you do NOT store your templates in this folder, as they will also be overwritten.
N1 Updater Initial Setup
At the end of the initial Narrative1 installation process you will be prompted to enter credentials.
The database, username, and password are found in the Narrative1 welcome email.
Enter the credentials and click Save.
This information will automatically be saved in the N1 Updater.
How to Run the N1 Updater
To open the N1 Updater, click on the icon on your desktop.
You can also open the N1 Updater by clicking on it in the Start Menu or performing a search for "N1 Updater".
The N1 Updater window will open.
There are three buttons at the top of the page: Setup, Go, and Done.
- Setup: Setup allows you to modify your database credentials.
- Go: Click Go to run the Updater. Close any open Word or Excel windows before clicking Go.
A pop-up will notify you when the update has been completed.
- Done: Click Done to close the N1 Updater window.