These instructions will help you get your RIMSCentral account set up for integration with your Narrative1 Database.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Before proceeding with Platform Integration setup, please contact Narrative1 support at email@example.com so that we can configure your account with the proper settings.
RIMSCentral Integration Setup
1. Sign into your RIMSCentral account and, under My Account, go to Application Links.
2. Select the Customer(s) and application to link (N1-Web) and click Add. You can select all relationships by selecting the checkbox next to “Customer” in the blue bar below.
You will have two account options: connect to an existing RIMSCentral account, or create a new integration-only account. Differences between these options are outlined below.
1. Use an existing RIMSCentral email address
2. This will create an integration account using the existing RIMSCentral username and password
- Create a new account by using a new email address
- An email will be generated to the email address entered, including the reminder to update templates and to create unique credentials
- IMPORTANT NOTE: In cases where a senior appraiser manages bids for staff appraisers, the integration credentials will be shared by those staff members and therefore should be unique from the senior appraiser’s RIMSCentral credentials.
- The Application Links page can now be used to manage and check the status of Integration Accounts.
- In N1-Web, click on the new Connect RC button under Account Settings.
- Enter the new integration credentials (created in steps 2-5 above) into the RIMSCentral Integration Account Login pop-up window, and click Login.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Once an individual N1-Web application has been connected to an integration account, a user is NOT able to switch to a different integration account.
- When you log in for the first time, the N1-Web and RIMSCentral Accounts will automatically synchronize. If integration account login window does not pop up in N1-Web, ensure pop-ups are not blocked for N1-Web.com in your web browser.
4. To re-synchronize with new awards, click on the Synchronize RC button.
5. Verify that new jobs have synced from RIMSCentral to N1-Web by clicking the Jobs tab in N1-Web, and then Search/Add/Edit. Jobs should automatically load and be visible at the top of the page.
Upon Synchronization, existing Jobs assigned to that RIMSCentral user will be created in the new Jobs Manager in N1-Web, including some information about the assignment (Company, Fee, Due Date) and subject property.
RIMS Assignments in N1-Web
- Jobs synchronized from RIMSCentral will automatically create the associated Property Record.
- The Parcel ID is listed in the Job Search tool, so we can use that to search for the property record in N1-Web.