The second major feature we’d like to introduce today is the Narrative1 Jobs Manager. Whether adding appraisals to your portfolio manually, or importing assignment information directly from RIMSCentral via Platform Integration, you can now manage and keep track of appraisal job status, use multiple calendar views to schedule and clearly visualize ongoing assignments across your organization, and export company-wide appraisal metadata to Excel in bulk for further analysis.
Manually Adding/Editing a Job
To add or edit a new Appraisal job, click the Search/Add/Edit button in the Jobs menu to go to the Jobs page, then click the Add New Job button to open the Job Details popup.
If your subject property already exists in your N1 database as a property record, simply type or paste the parcel ID into the “Search by Parcel ID” field and click Get Data. If the subject is not already in the database, simply fill out the fields and a new property record will be created for you.
Except for basic subject information listed on the Job Details page and an image for inclusion in analysis grid thumbnails (optional), we recommend that the rest of your subject property details be entered into Excel, and only uploaded to the database when you have completed your appraisal (to avoid overwriting information when syncing the database with Excel, or vice versa, and other reasons outlined below).
- If you are working with a property that has more than one parcel or building, information for the individual parcels or buildings will not import into Excel. Instead, summary data (totals and averages) will populate the Parcel 1 and/or Building 1 fields in Excel. You will need to re-type this data in Excel if you need the details broken out in your report. The reverse is true when uploading the subject from Excel into the database (totals and averages will upload into Parcel 1 and Building 1 fields).
- Rent Roll data will upload from Excel to the database, but it will not download into Excel from the database. Therefore, it is recommended that, once again, rent roll data be entered into Excel directly, and uploaded to the database at the end of your assignment.
- Because your subject is stored as a property record in the same database tables as your comps, you’ll want to make sure that only factual information is saved to the database—especially if there are other appraisers in your company searching for comparables. You’ll want to avoid other appraisers attempting to use your active and ongoing subject property record as a comp in their ongoing assignments.
Searching for Jobs
To search for a specific Appraisal Job, select a search field from the drop-down at the top of the Job Search page.
Select Search Criteria from the drop-down menu and then click Search.
Click on the Advanced Search button in the center of the search bar to execute a search with multiple search criteria.
To use the Advanced search:
1. Select search criteria from the drop-down menu. This will create a new search criteria field below.
2. Enter or select a value for the search criteria. Some search criteria have drop-down menus, while others have text boxes. In this example, three search criteria have been added to the search: City, Originator, and Contact Name. The value for the Contact Name item has not been selected yet.
3. Once all search criteria and their related values have been defined, click Search.
To remove a search item, click the red X in the upper right-hand corner of the item box. To delete all the filter items, click Clear Filters.
Click the Show Map button in the search bar to display a map.
The map displayed will include pins for all the properties listed in the search results.
Export to Excel or PDF
To export jobs to Excel or PDF for analysis or other reporting, simply click the appropriate field from the main Job Search page.
Several views are also available for job information in different formats: