The Income-Expense Summary worksheet contains sections for organizing and illustrating appraisal, budget, and previous expenses categorized by year.
Much of this information can be auto-populated from the Capitalization and Multipliers worksheet, therefore requiring you to visit and fill out that section prior to working with the Income-Expense Summary. However, such steps are optional, and you may manually enter data.
1. Capitalization and Multipliers
The Capitalization and Multipliers drop-down can be used to designate which Capitalization and Multipliers worksheet data should filter in from. This is only useful for users who are using multiple Capitalization and Multipliers worksheets.
If you choose not to use data from the Appraisal Column Source drop-down, you can enter data into the Unit/Space Type and Amount fields. From there, entering data into the Rent Roll column will cause the remaining fields to auto-calculate.
2. Clear/Restore Projections
Click Clear Projections to clear the Income values in the Appraisal column. A pop-up window will appear and allow you to also clear Expense values in the Appraisal column. Click Restore Projections to pull in fresh data from the Capitalization & Multipliers worksheet.
3. Rent Roll
The data in this table is pulled from the Rent Roll worksheet. If more than one Rent Roll worksheet is being used, click the drop-down menu above the table to select the appropriate worksheet.
4. Clear SF & Units/Refresh SF & Units
Click Clear SF & Units to delete all data entered in the SF & Units table. Click Refresh SF & Units to pull the data from the Rent Roll worksheet.
Subject Income & Expense Export
In previous versions of the N1-Excel template, the income and expense data that exported back to the database was the pro forma data in the Capitalization and Multipliers worksheet. Users suggested that pro forma data was not as helpful as actuals, so an additional table was added to the Income-Expense Summary worksheet.
Users can now choose the year of data they would like imported into the database.
Navigate to the Income/Expense Data for Subject Export table in the Income-Expense Summary worksheet.
- Choose the year you’d like to export and whether the data is actual or pro forma.
- Survey Date will pull from the Report Date field. If the Report Date field is empty, it will instead use the current date. You may overwrite this formula if you wish.
- Verify that the income and expense data is correct. For non-pro forma data, you may need to overwrite fields like Expense Reimbursements, or you can adjust this once the data has been exported.
- Navigate to the File Info worksheet and click the Export Subject to DB button.
- If you are creating a new record, the expense data chosen will act as the Active instance in the Income & Expenses page in N1-Web. If you are updating a parcel record, the income/expense data exported will create a new instance of income/expense data which will be set to Active.
Users are responsible for setting the correct instance to Active and verifying that the income/expense data is correct. This process can be repeated for all years of income/expense data as long as the user confirms that the data is correct in N1-Web.