Every record you create on your personal N1 Web account is accessible to other users connected to the same database. This makes it easy for comps to be accessed and edited between coworkers, but there may exist instances where you wish to share records with outside sources, or have them share with you. It is possible to specify which comps to share with another N1 Web user.
The Shared page supplies a general view of your active connections to other users via the Details table, and provides options for further customizing how that information is shared.
1. Company, Status, and Records Shared
The first three columns of the table consist of:
- Company - Provides a view of the database name you are connected to.
- Status - Displays whether you are actively sharing comps with that database or not.
- # of Records Shared With Us/Them - Displays how many comps are being shared with you from the target database, and how many you are sharing with them.
The Settings menu allows you to set whether your connection to another user is Active or Inactive.
Active connections allow you to share comps, while Inactive connections will disable access.
When you establish a new connection with a user, by default on both user's Detail's table, the Status will be set to Inactive. You must ensure that both users have set this value to Active to share comps.
You can also designate the Number of Records Shared per day. Users will not be able to share beyond the maximum limit with other database users for a 24 hour period.
3. UDF Mapping
In the event that you are sharing comps that feature your own User Defined Fields, UDF Mapping allows you to ensure that the data you enter into those fields is properly represented in another user's database.
This is because the other user might not have the same UDFs available in their database, or they have ones that resembles your own, but with a different label.
UDF Mapping only allows you to associate your UDF with one that the other user has created. If the other user does not have a UDF that matches your own, that information will not be shared.
In the Share Comps UDF Mapping window, the left column feature drop-down boxes with your UDFs, and the right column represents a list of the target user's fields.
To map fields:
- Make a note of the fields listed in your target user's database
- Once you have found one that resembles your own, locate the drop-down box adjacent from the field name
- Select the appropriate field from the drop-down menu
- Scroll to the bottom of the Share Comps UDF Mapping window, and click Save
Note: You cannot match UDFs that are formatted as strings with UDFs that feature numerical data. For example, matching a UDF that has a name with one that has a number will result in an error.
Sharing Comps with Users
In order to share comps with another user, you must contact N1 Support to establish the initial connection. You need only do this once per user.
There are two ways to share a comp:
- The Action drop-down on the General page
- From Share Selected button below your Search Results on the Search page
Sharing through either of those venues will open the following window:
In the Share column, simply click the checkbox in the row of the Company you wish to share with, and click Share.
Note: Both companies must set their Status connection to Active to successfully share a comp.